Finance Controller (Remote)Job ID: 7492 Save Job
Our client is fast growing and privately owned residential consumer products organization, with manufacturing & distribution operations in Mexico, Canada and the USA.
Seeking a Controller for their Mexico, US & Canada operations. The Controller will lead the local Finance/Accounting Department efficiently in a dynamic environment. The individual must be capable of effectively managing the operational finance, reporting, general accounting, fiscal, and business needs of the operation. Reporting to the Director of Finance/CFO, the Controller is responsible for managing all accounting activities, FP&A, including establishing financial policies and procedures, timely and accurate submission of monthly financial results and gross margin forecasts as well as supporting business unit initiatives as appropriate. This position requires experience managing accounting teams, strong knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and the ability to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. tHIS POSITION CAN BE BASED in either Tijuana, Mexico or San Diego, California.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monthly / Quarterly / Annual financial reporting (P&L and Balance Sheet).
- Manage preparation of accurate financial reporting including the consolidation of several legal entities.
- Ensure monthly close meeting review is robust and complete.
- Primary owner of Net Income and EBIDTA budget vs actual analysis / commentary.
- Prepare and submit supplemental reports.
- Prepare and present quarterly accounting dashboard to Leadership Team.
- Monthly financial forecasting and Strategic Planning.
- Partner with the leadership team to evaluate potential changes in the following: functional spending, monthly build plans & absorption, and manufacturing variances / period expenses.
- Key contributor to the elaboration of weekly Cash Flow forecasts.
- Attending Operations Management team meetings to understand current operating activity and any upcoming opportunities or challenges that may impact the financial results.
- Provide counsel on accounting treatment for new or non-standard commercial arrangements.
- Partner with leadership to drive all business-related initiatives impacting accounting including new commercial programs and compliance-related customer service programs.
- Manage and develop staff members and assist in the development of the extended staff members.
- Maintain compliance with principles of accepted employee conduct and ethics per Company policy and as specified in departmental policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Contribute to the Company culture of being collaborative, respectful, transparent, ethical, efficient, high achieving.
Qualifications, Essential Skills, & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; or equivalent practical experience.
- Master’s degree and professional accountancy certification preferred.
- At least seven years of manufacturing finance experience is highly preferred.
- At least ten years of experience managing a financial structure. (i.e., Controller, Sr. Finance Manager)
- Impressive knowledge of US GAAP.
- Proficiency in using robust ERP systems with an emphasis on application to finance administration.
- Proficient in personal productivity applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A high degree of initiative to understand results, forecasts, and future planning.
- Solid understanding of theory, principles, and practices of general finance, accounting, budgeting, financial planning, FP&A, and cost accounting as applied to reporting and planning.
- Strong leadership and communications skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relations with team members.
- Working knowledge of lean principles is preferred.