Human Resources ManagerJob ID: 7515 Save Job
Our client is one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors in their food category with presence in over 100 countries. They have an immediate opening for a Human Resources Manager based in Toluca, Mexico where they have a manufacturing center.
The Human Resources Manager will provide talent according to the needs of the Mexico organization, in addition to facilitating resources for the fulfillment of training plans, seeking the development of competencies in the work teams, as well as proposing strategies to maintain and improve the organizational culture and climate, in line with the mission, vision and values of the company, as well as ensuring the implementation of global strategies that allow us to be at the forefront of a global company. This position reports to the VP Human Resources North America. The HR Manager supervises six direct reports ( a mix of HRBP and Coordinators)
- Facilitates resources for the implementation of training plans and staff development.
- Administers and manages the resources of the cost center of the Human Resources department.
- Facilitates the resources for the organization of all the actions to complement.
- Contributes to the negotiation of Internal Labor Regulations, Collective Agreements and Individual Contracts.
- Manages the “Performance Evaluation” process.
- Manages through the team the updating of the organizational chart and job descriptions complying with local and international standards of the regulations that apply to the organization.
- Actively participates in (FSSC 22000), Food Defense, Environmental System (ISO 14001), Occupational Health and Safety (ISO 45001), and in those that are requested.
- It maintains and ensures the awareness of its employees on issues of environment, quality, safety, as well as Health and Safety.
- It promotes the fulfillment of our values in the organization.
- Support in the identification of unsafe acts or conditions and participate in the investigation of accidents.
- Leads the “compliance officer” committee, ensuring compliance in data privacy matters, under local legislation, as well as compliance with the corporate.
- Ensures that life and medical insurance policies comply with adequate coverage so that personnel and their families are covered at all times. Is responsible for promoting physical and emotional health in the through the collaboration of the occupational health area, actively participating in PVM’s health and welfare committee.
- Administers and manages the resources of the budget assigned to the Human Resources department.
- Responsible for supervising the processes of Recruitment, Selection, Hiring, Induction and Onboarding of the employees.
- Responsible for health at work, through the collaboration of the Medical Service.
- Ensures the implementation of the Integral Management System in its area of responsibility.
- Complies with all safety standards, as well as the use of PPE when necessary.
- Comply with safety regulations within the factory.
- Properly wear PPE during the stay in the factory.
- Comply with the Integral Management Policy
- Manage the compensation plan, social security and all benefits aimed to be competitive in the local market.
- Take actions to improve the organizational climate and culture, as well as the level of commitment of our employees.
- It is responsible for managing the budget process in terms of Headcount.
- Supports 50% bank payment approval, including bank check signing.
- Negotiates and approve with the union, in all matters related to: internal work regulations, collective agreement, individual contracts, changes in working hours, agreements, among others, ensuring timely communication with the union committee and the entire unionized team.
- Legally represents the organization in labor lawsuits and conciliation processes and is also a legal representative before all authorities in Mexico (legal, fiscal, governmental, commercial, among others). Through the areas in charge, the HR Manager is responsible for complying with labor provisions before the Ministry of Labor and Social Security.
- Ensures the dissemination and implementation of the Internal Work Regulation and makes decisions about sanctions in case of non-compliance.
- Attends and makes decisions about employees’ complaints.
|X||Staff||Communication and support on topics related to the Human Resources area.|
|X||VP Human Resources NA||Defines strategies in terms of organizational climate and culture and all the needs of the organization in matters related to Human Resources.|
|X||CODI Members||To organize and coordinate development plans, performance evaluation, talent attraction and development team.|
|X||Safety and Hygiene Manager||To join efforts and provide support in initiatives that help prevent accidents and improve our safety culture and environmental care.|
|X||Service Providers||To manage advisory services (legal, IMSS, STPS, etc.) as well as to develop true business partners that collaborate to meet the organization’s objectives.|
|X||External Auditors||To coordinate third party audits, either in social security, labor or others such as social audits.|
|X||Insurance Companies||Procedures related to Life Insurance, Medical Insurance and Automobile Insurance.|
|X||STPS (Labor Secretary)||To comply with all legal requirements.|
|X||Union committee||Manage all negotiation processes seeking at all times the well-being of employees according to the internal policies.|
|X||X||Surveillance Service||Guarantee the patrimonial security of the company and its facilities through private security services and their elements.|
|X||Doctor||Guarantee the health and integrity of each of the workers within the company.|
Candidate Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Business Administration, Human Resources, Industrial Relations or similar, preferably with Postgraduate studies.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position (i.e., Human Resources Manager) in a manufacturing company.
- Experience with recruiting and talent acquisition, employee and labor relations, training and general compensation and benefit practices.
- Experience with labor unions and collective bargaining agreements.
- General knowledge of environment, health and safety and its regulations.
- Experience and training with procedures before the STPS (Secretaria del Trabajo y Prevision Social), knowledge of the Mexico Federal Labor Law (Ley Federal del Trabajo), Social Security Law (Seguro Social), Integrated Management Systems (like FSSC 22000, ISO 14001, BPM’s, Quality, Safety and Health).
- The ideal candidate will have the following competencies: Situational Adaptability, Courage, Able to manage complex situations, Effective Team building, Cultivating Innovation, Strategic Mindset, Results-oriented, Planning, and able to develop and implement procedures and guidelines.
- Experience with SAP is highly desirable.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.