Human Resources DirectorJob ID: 7450 Save Job
Our client is a European leader in processing polymers, composites and precision metal parts. Founded in 1931, our client has 26 plants globally and collaborate with their customers worldwide to provide them with the products and services they need in a wide range of industries: aeronautics, automotive, healthcare, electronics, construction, household goods, sports, leisure products, etc.
The Human Resources Director contributes to defining and implementing the human resources management policy that enables the company to develop its organization, while maintaining a constructive social climate. Reporting line: Mexico General Manager and in functional liaison with the Group Human Resources Director based in France.
Essential Job Functions:
- Management of the HR team: Supervise and support the team in its mission and ensure the development of their skills;
- HR management of the subsidiaries in the associated geographical area;
- Ensure the application of social regulations and legal obligations within the company.
- Supporting the HR cycle process for employees (from recruitment to exit) and ensuring that they are properly integrated, in accordance with the procedures in force;
- Ensure the drafting of regulatory documents related to personnel management (employment contract, welcome booklet, job descriptions, health insurance, provident fund, etc.)
- To manage all the dashboards/metrics used to monitor staff activity (absenteeism, remuneration, turnover, leave, etc.), the quality indicators linked to HR, analyze the results and implement corrective actions;
- Ensure regular reporting to the Group HRD.
- Supporting the dedicated HR team;
- May be required to perform specific tasks in the unplanned absence of the dedicated back-up.
- Collect and analyze recruitment needs with the relevant managers;
- Distribute job offers, manage applications (sorting, transfer and replies to candidates), carry out appropriate sourcing/recruitment;
- Act as a link between managers and recruitment agencies in accordance with the group’s recruitment policy: attend interviews, advise managers, participate in the final decision, extend offers, etc.
- Drawing up employment contracts.
5. Labor and Social Law
- Ensure the implementation of employee disciplinary and dismissal procedures;
- Ensuring responses to various letters from employees and other interested parties;
- Legal management of litigation and disputes in collaboration with the Group HR Department and associated partners.
- Define the training orientations in line with the strategy of the site and the group;
- Support the HR assistant in the training process;
- Communicate the necessary elements to the authorities, managers and employees;
- Supervise the implementation and monitoring of the proper conduct of assessment and professional interviews;
- Develop forward-looking management of jobs and skills with a view to optimizing human resources and the development of professions and the organization;
- Leading HR development projects: welcoming new employees, on-boarding programs, professionalizing teams, increasing skills, building loyalty, people reviews, identifying potential and succession plans;
- Supporting and leading change;
- Contribute to the definition of the HR policy, its deployment on the site and the measurement of its impact by providing feedback to the Group HRD;
- To be a source of proposals to the site management on all organizational and social issues.
- Prepare employee files and negotiation frameworks in line with social and regulatory obligations and the company’s strategy;
- Negotiate the agreements necessary to secure and develop the company;
- Take charge of regulatory obligations;
- Ensuring the quality of employee relations.
- Respond to managers’ requests in various HR areas (labor law, training, recruitment, career management, remuneration, etc.);
- Supporting managers in their HR-related decisions (recruitment, dismissal, appraisal interview, promotion, conflict, social litigation, etc.), helping them to integrate the HR variable into their strategic decisions, and implementing the actions decided upon;
- With the HR team, answer employees’ questions and requests.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget;
- Manage the payroll, integrate financial constraints into the implementation of HR policy, work with managers on the budget for individual increases and its distribution;
- To actively contribute to the development of the EH&S culture of the site in collaboration with the EH&S department;
- Update his/her knowledge by taking into account the information provided by the Group HR Department;
- Define the HR progress plan and ensure its implementation;
- Participate in the development of the employer brand.
Bachelor Degree in human resources or labor law, or business administration or equivalent.
Candidate Experience and Requirements:
- Proven extensive Human Resource generalist experience and operational HR experience in a manufacturing / industrial environment.
- 5+ Experience as a Human Resources Manager
- Experience with training and development, recruitment practices and tools, compensation and benefits, employee relations.
- Strong Mexico labor law experience.
- Familiarity and some knowledge of Payroll in Mexico
- Experience with Unions.
- Health & Safety knowledge. Environmental familiarity a plus.
- Must have a fine mix between strategic and tactical.
- Proficient user of MS Office and HRIS.
- Proficient in English (75%+) and Spanish.
- Organizational skills;
- Influencing Skills;
- Discretion and confidentiality;
- Ability to listen;
- Ability to synthesize and analyze;
- Management of priorities and strong execution;
- Autonomy and initiative;
- Taste for teamwork;
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Able to innovate, develop and launch new programs
- Compliance with the Code of Ethics
- Respect for confidentiality
- Compliance with the internal rules
- Compliance with Quality, Health, Safety, Environment and Energy rules