Purchasing Manager (Multi-Sites)Job ID: 7457 Save Job
Our client is a European leader in processing polymers, composites, and precision metal parts. Founded in 1931, our client has 26 plants globally and collaborates with their customers worldwide to provide them with the products and services they need in a wide range of industries: aeronautics, automotive, medical devices, electronics, construction, household goods, sports, leisure products, etc.
Essential Job Functions:
- The Purchasing Manager is based in Torreon, Mexico and is responsible for the negotiation of international contracts, prices, materials supply, technical parts; negotiate subcontracted services in compliance with technical requirements; Achieve QCD objectives and in the context of responsible purchasing.
- Sources new vendors in North America (USA and Mexico).
- Manages spend of $35M and over 800 suppliers with 90% in North America. The Purchasing Manager supports 2 plants in Torreon and one plant in Mexico City.
- Conduct makes vs. buy analysis, as needed
- Management and follow-up of RFQ’s. Preparation of comparison tables. Drafting, awarding and completion of contracts.
- Project team integration (new product development)
- Management of technical and commercial productivity plans associated with economic targets
- Monitoring of purchase orders for the overall portfolio (direct and indirect purchases)
- Management and rationalization of supplier’s panel.
- Follow-up on supplier and subcontractor performance
- Validation and processing of supplier and subcontractor invoice disputes
- Preparation of purchasing reports
- Conduct technology surveys
- Direct management of purchasing team Purchasing Specialist and Import/Export supervisor (2 initially but will grow to 4) and also indirectly manages the procurement team.
- Develops relationships with suppliers and travels to visit suppliers
- Guarantees Confidentiality.
- The Purchasing Manager reports to the Corporate Purchasing Director based in France and to the General Manager.
- Bachelor’s University degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain or similar complemented with on-the-job technical training in purchasing, procurement.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position in the manufacturing industry (i.e. Purchasing Manager, Purchasing Leader, Sourcing Manager, Commodity Manager, Procurement Manager). May consider a Senior Purchasing Specialist, Senior Buyer or Commodity Manager ready to be promoted.
- Solid experience in sourcing suppliers in North America, negotiating prices and contracts, and developing suppliers.
- Supervisory experience is highly desired.
- Familiar with import/export and customs practices for IMMEX.
- Experience with purchasing resin/plastics is highly preferred. Experience with metal components and electronic components is a plus.
- Knowledge of ERP. Sage or SAP a plus.
- Advanced EXCEL user. MS Office required.
- Fluent in English and Spanish. French a plus.
- Able to travel.
- Rigorous and organized, self-starter and works well independently.
- Displays initiative, diligence, and a good capacity for anticipation.
- Displays an aptitude for dialogue and a taste for teamwork.
- Possesses good listening and communication skills.
- Good customer skills and vendor relations.
- Respect for the Code of Ethics
- Respect for confidentiality
- Respect for internal rules
- Compliance with Quality, Health, Safety, Environment and Energy rules