Plant ManagerJob ID: 7441 Save Job
As a result of growth, we seek a General Manager to lead and transform our growing Torreon, Mexico manufacturing plant. This important role is responsible for overall leadership and management and will establish the strategic vision to achieve key business objectives, oversee KPIs, financial oversight, drive profitability, continuous improvement, safety, employee engagement, operational efficiencies, and initiatives. This role will comply with the general corporate guidelines, market requirements, regulatory compliance to protect our environment and labor principles that promote the well-being of our staff. Position reports to a Executive VP of Operations based in the USA.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead, direct, coach, evaluate and develop a team of managers and supervisors to ensure that the organization achieves business objectives.
- Develop plans and strategies, ensuring consistency with the business objectives in the short and long term.
- Leads and coaches’ managers & supervisors, to ensure that their performance and compliance with their responsibilities adheres to the objectives and internal and corporate policies of the company.
- Ensures compliance with the objectives established by the Corporate.
- Analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of operations in the company by monitoring the key indicators (KPI’s – Safety, Efficiency, Productivity, Cost, Quality, On-Time delivery, Scrap, Employee Turnover, Absenteeism, etc.) of the company.
- Ensures production plan is met through appropriate planning.
- Prepares business reviews for weekly, monthly, and quarterly Operations Meetings.
- Assigns personnel with sufficient responsibility and authority to enforce the client’s requirements.
- Reviews reports, performances and results and generates actions to correct deviations.
- Seeks continuous improvement and recommends changes in existing policies and procedures.
- Ensures that the Management/Supervisors comply with the objectives and goals established by the organization.
- Offers support to each of the Management team and follows up on each of the work programs to ensure compliance with objectives within the established budget and schedule.
- Complies with the Mexico laws and regulations that govern the company in its area of ??responsibility
- Guarantees that follow-up occurs, in accordance with procedures and / or control plans, the identification, documentation, evaluation, segregation, disposal, re-inspection and / or notification for the control of product and / or non-compliant raw material.
- Drives compliance with the Environmental Management System.
- Manages the preparation of the organization’s budgets, reports and forecasts.
- Oversees the development of plans and strategies ensuring consistency in the objectives of the corporation in the short and long term.
- Leads compliance with the investigation and follow-up activities of customer complaints and makes recommendations that help compliance with the client’s requirements.
- Leads and evaluates performance, staff efficiency, procedures, and production costs.
- Drives compliance with programs, procedures, and activities of the Quality System.
- Ensures uptime of equipment through preventive maintenance system.
- Coordinates programs and projects with the required operational and corporate areas, always suggesting optimal conditions to meet customer requirements.
- Acts as company legal representative.
- As Manager and Leader at of the company, you have the duty and responsibility to develop your team member’s competence by training and coaching. Actively manage and participate in the development of your team and cross-functional work, establishing organizational and process changes. Monitor and support the team’s and performance, addressing deviations or communicate need for support. You are expected and have authority to temporarily stop work or processes if safety, environment, or quality is at risk.
Candidate Experience, Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from an Accredited four-year University or similar experience. Prefer Mechanical or Industrial Engineering degree with an emphasis on business or finance.
- 4+ years hands-on Plant Manager or General Manager experience or similar in a manufacturing environment in Mexico. Will consider a highly experienced Operations Manager ready for a promotion to Plant Management. Ideal candidate will be a GEMBA Plant Manager who loves the manufacturing floor and has successful experience leading a small manufacturing plant or running a CNC machining center.
- Experience in metal fabrication (i.e. foundry, metallizing, forging, metal forming, stamping, etc.). CNC Machining is preferred.
- Strong production background.
- Good understanding of P&L Management and must possess good business acumen.
- Knowledge of Production and Materials Planning, Quality and Maintenance. Possesses Problem Solving Tools.
- Knowledge of MRP and proficient EXCEL user.
- Ideal candidate will be very results-oriented, self-driven, fast paced with a high sense of urgency, possess excellent influencing skills, follow-up and execution.
- Must have excellent leadership skills, demanding but empathetic, inspires trust; preferably a situational leadership approach and capable of developing a high performing work group.
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Travel availability- must be willing and able to travel internationally and domestically, as needed.