VP of Energy Markets (REMOTE)Job ID: 7557 Save Job
Our client is an innovative and disruptive company that is experiencing rapid growth. They specialize in simplifying energy conservation programs for commercial and industrial sectors using automation and advanced technology. Offering grid service programs such as Demand Response, Demand Management, Energy Hedging, Peak Shaving, and Auto DR our client partners with utilities, electricity suppliers as well as building and energy management systems providers to drive decarbonization and ensure grid stability. Their mission is to make energy conservation accessible, empowering consumers to reduce costs and support sustainability.
The VP of Energy Markets will be reporting to the Vice President of Operations. Operations focuses on supporting post-sales enrollment in Demand Response (DR), energy management services, energy efficiency, Automated Demand Response (ADR) services, Price ResponseTM and Clean ResponseTM and other Distributed Energy Resource solutions for Utilities, Commercial, and Industrial (C&I) Customers. This role is responsible for managing accounts through a post-enrollment operation process including nomination, registration, measurement, and verification for over 200 DR programs across the United States.
The position is responsible for interaction with Demand Side Management teams at Independent System Operators, Regional Transmission Organizations, and Utilities. The position will lead a team to execute Enersponse Scheduling Coordinator and Demand Response Aggregator duties in all authorized markets. This role is expected to create value through timely registration, forecasting, and performance measurement.
? Lead the timely registration of load across all products:
- Register over 90% of all eligible C&I customers in a single DR program.
- Register over 90% of all eligible C&I customers in multiple DR programs.
- Register load reduction with less than 10% negative variance from actual performance.
• Lead the timely revenue forecast across all products:
- Prepare annual revenue projection in time to support financial forecast.
- Suggest ways to increase market value of load reduction among the existing base of customers.
- Suggest ways to increase cash flow across all products.
• Lead the timely development of market potential analyses:
- Load reduction nomination as a percent of Peak Load Contribution.
- Load profile with metrics to assess shape, seasonality, and potential reduction.
- Assess potential impact on future performance versus forecast.
• Lead the interaction with all markets, including but not limited to:
- Timely registration.
- Timely reporting in accordance with market requirements.
- Compliance with all market regulations and program rules.
• Lead the training, development, and organization of the Market Management Teams:
- Establish market certification and knowledge assessment tools.
- Create standardized reports.
- Organize assigned personnel to proactively manage required tasks.
• Ensure the accuracy of data across platforms including but not limited to:
- Demand Response Management System
- Sales Force
- CARL (program participation predictive tool)
The Company is seeking a leader with extensive California demand side management experience. The ideal candidate will demonstrate leadership managing direct reports to accomplish complex tasks in a timely manner.
Required Education & Experience:
- 10+ years managing complex operations.
- Experience managing direct reports to successfully complete complex tasks.
- Proven collaboration and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated team development and skill enhancement.
- Experience creating and adjusting processes to make operations more efficient.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong listening skills.
- Advanced presentation development and delivery skills.
- Strong sense of urgency to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- High adaptability and understanding of change within the evolution of a startup.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in business, finance, or STEM major.
- Experience working in positions related to demand side management in California Independent System Operator, California Public Utility Commission, or California based energy consultancy.
- Experience working in demand side management in any of the North American deregulated power markets (PJM, NE-ISO, NYISO, ERCOT, MISO, and SPP) or utilities is a plus.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Salesforce.
- Competitive compensation
- 100% medical, dental and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Paid Time Off Policy
- Monday to Friday – Remote