Director of Manufacturing OperationsJob ID: 7867 Save Job
We have been retained to find an exceptional Director of Manufacturing capable of growing at least two levels above this role. Founded 25 years ago with a progressive new approach for delivering a higher level of performance, product quality, and unparalleled service, our client has grown to become one of the largest and most technologically advanced manufacturers of industrial wood products in the United States. Our client’s leadership position in the industry has been achieved through a shared passion among the talented members of their team who are empowered and have the opportunity to be creative, innovate, and pursue their personal and career objectives in parallel with the success of the team. Their continued growth and ongoing expansion of their internationally recognized LEED® Silver certified (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design™) manufacturing operation in Houston, Texas has created this new opportunity for Director of Manufacturing Operations.
By joining this dynamic, casual and family like team, you will play a key role in their continued growth with broad responsibility for leading all manufacturing operations.
- Provide overall leadership and management of manufacturing, material logistics and inventory operations.
- Develop operational strategies and tactical plans aligned with overall company objectives, and lead manufacturing and support teams to achieve goals.
- Lead continuous improvement and lean manufacturing initiatives for production efficiency, quality and performance. Define, manage and report key operational metrics (OKR’s/KPI’s).
- Build organizational capability, performance and capacity through continued development of a high-performing manufacturing team and fostering a culture of engagement, individual and team growth and opportunity.
- Ensure a healthy work environment and comprehensive safety culture is maintained, effective training, documentation and practices are in place, and compliance with OSHA and other regulatory requirements is fulfilled.
- Ensure manufacturing equipment and facilities are properly maintained in safe and efficient operating conditions performing to standard in partnership with engineering and maintenance support teams and external resources.
- Lead the development and execution of capital projects and continuing innovative smart factory initiatives involving, automated manufacturing systems and integration of advanced and emerging digital technologies including IoT, AI, vision systems, robotics, information management and process control systems and data analytics.
- Contribute to overall company financial management with P & L responsibility for all manufacturing operations.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to fulfill the responsibilities of this key leadership position with an innovative attitude, through successful career experiences, educational background and defined achievements. The ideal candidate will enjoy a dynamic fast-paced environment, a hands-on collaborative management approach, and have an enthusiastic attitude for opportunity and advancement individually and for the team. This key position reports directly to the President and CEO.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
- BS Industrial, Manufacturing Engineering, Operations Management or similar and MBA highly preferred.
- At least 10 years in manufacturing with solid experience as a Director of Operations, Director of Manufacturing, General Manager, Plant Manager, or similar. Ideal candidate will prior experience in both a small and mid size company and in both manufacturing engineering (strong hands-on technical background) and manufacturing operations management positions.
- Successful experience managing technologically advanced high-speed discrete manufacturing operations.
- Able to grow at least one to two levels above this role.
- Lean Six Sigma expertise and leadership and manufacturing operations design.
- Must have developed operational planning and good business and financial acumen (P&L understanding).
- Strong organizational, analytical, and leadership skills. Ethical. “Walks the talk.”
- Excellent interpersonal and professional communication and presentation skills.
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Able to wear multiple hats, be a hands-on decision maker, and win other’s trust easily.
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 applications. Intermediate to Advanced EXCEL user.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Highly competitive compensation includes a base salary plus bonus compensation tied to performance and achievement of defined operational goals.
- Robust benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance, telemedicine, mental wellness, physical wellness, maternity care and pediatric care supplemental programs.
- Matching 401(k) program, paid vacation and holidays.
- This is an excellent rapid advancement opportunity for the motivated candidate seeking to lead a high growth, progressive enterprise.