Manufacturing Engineering Manager (Projects)Job ID: 7465 Save Job
Our client is a major diversified global leader in the manufacturing of engineering solutions with annual revenue of nearly $8 billion. Delivers performance-critical solutions for rotating and reciprocating machinery across the oil & gas, power generation, marine, industrial, chemical and general processing markets. Each solution is custom engineered to provide optimum efficiency, reliability and productivity and backed by comprehensive aftermarket services. Due to growth, our firm has been engaged on searching for a Global Manufacturing Engineering Manager to be located in Houston, TX to help their organization continue their Industry 4.0 journey.
This role will report to the Director of Global Manufacturing Strategy for its division, and will partner with Plant Management at multiple sites, to ensure manufacturing and engineering are continually evolving towards a best-in-class state. This position will be responsible for formulating, administering, and coordinating manufacturing engineering policies, practices and programs designed to increase plant productivity, execution accuracy, and overall process harmonization of our business. This position is intended to oversee the improvement of production methods and optimize the utilization of equipment, manpower and materials. This position will have ownership of the digital ribbon program, process development groups, and provide support on all company capital spend. The Global ME manager will be looked to as the subject matter expert in a variety of areas throughout the division, included but not limited to machining equipment selection, manufacturing process optimization, next generation manufacturing technologies and industry 4.0 initiatives.
- Manage the development and harmonization of the digital ribbon across all division’s manufacturing sites. This includes the management of a variety of processes and technical issues within each site.
- Identify next generation opportunities within the market and relevant technology for manufacturing and inspection processes and propose plans to exploit them..
- Regularly provide feedback and solutions for site specific process improvements including the New Product Development (NPD) process, manufacturing processes, and engineering processes.
- Lead the organization towards proper process development activities at each of the sites.
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Support the local ME teams during the preparation of capital projects documentation as they meet our company’s strategic objectives and business continuity needs.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting investigative programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors, etc.; soliciting observations from global ME teams.
- Provide support deploying engineering initiatives of our industry 4.0 strategy across the division
- This position can be based out of our Pearland, TX or Jeffersonville, IN locations.
Will have a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering/Design or related field with extensive experience in Mechanical Engineering; Master’s degree preferred.
Will at least have 10 years of experience working with precision engineering and machining in a manufacturing environment is required.
Engineering to Order manufacturing industry experience is required.
Experience of working within a precision engineering / advanced manufacturing environment
Experience of CNC programming
Experience of CAD and CAM software such as FeatureCAM, GibbsCAM, Vericut, etc.
Ability to travel to various global manufacturing sites up to 20% of the time required.