Chief Executive OfficerJob ID: 7377 Save Job
We have been retained by a leading automotive supplier with a number one market share in Mexico to recruit their next Chief Executive Officer (CEO) who will lead the company in their next growth phase. Our client is a Joint Venture established over 30 years ago with nearly 3000 employees, 4 major manufacturing campus sites in 4 cities throughout Mexico and with corporate headquarters in Mexico City. The Joint Venture is equally owned by two major players in the industry founded over 50 years ago. This leading supplier has many OEM’s, Tier 1 and Tier 2 automotive customers. The product portfolio includes Molded Polyurethane Foam, Interior Parts, Formed Plastics, and Diversified products to be manufactured and sold in the Country of Mexico. We have locations that encompass several product lines in Mexico City, Leon, Puebla and Saltillo. Our main customers are VW, Audi, Nissan, Ford, GM, Mazda, Polaris, Adient, Lear, Tachi-S, and many others. Together with the Joint Venture partner additional support is offered like chemical research and development, product and process engineering, tooling, technical support, and accredited laboratory testing.
Reporting to the Executive Committee and Board, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will provide leadership to the organization and have full profit/loss and balance sheet accountability for the enterprise. The CEO will serve as the primary architect for the companies’ go-forward strategy including the development of a world-class leadership team. He/she will collaborate with the team to develop and pursue the lean operating agenda for the business, and provide the leadership and execution focus necessary to achieve ambitious long-term value-creation goals. In addition to financial performance, a lean manufacturing focus and cultural consonance is critical. The organization will have a positive sustainable social impact on the communities in which it works and lives. Based in Mexico City, Mexico, the role will appeal to a proactive, high-energy individual who thrives in a demanding, complex environment and seeks ownership over the results.
- Work with the Executive Committee and the leadership team to define, develop and deploy a sustainable value-creation strategy for the Region, which shall include all topics related to the deployment and adoption of best management practices, including but not limited to
- Revenue and Profit growth
- Customer Management
- Lean Manufacturing & Operational Excellence
- ROIC management & Investment Plan
- Working Capital management & cash generation
- Governance & Risk Management
- Talent Management & Teammate Engagement
- Succession Planning
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG), among others
- Based on the defined strategy, control execution to deliver on the near- and long-term goals and objectives for the organization.
- Managing a highly functioning and effective relationship with both shareholders by ensuring alignment through effective communication will be a key to success for the CEO.
- The CEO will develop and execute this strategy by leveraging the strengths and competencies of both JV partner companies and endeavoring to avoid redundancies in the Mexico organization.
- Drive continuous improvement of management processes through Kaizen and other Lean methodologies.
- Ensure it maintains its leadership in product benefits that matter to consumers such as comfort, weight, and sustainability.
- Foster an environment which stimulates open communication, creativity, and teamwork and engenders an entrepreneurial spirit. Develop an excitement around identifying and capturing new business opportunities.
- Develop and mentor an effective, high-performance team to ensure these activities are conducted accurately, ethically, consistently, and according to organizational standards, policies and procedures, legislative regulations, laws, and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Appraise operating and financial results through review of forecasts, budgets, and actual financials.
- Consolidate and report out on monthly and quarterly performance and KPI’s as may be required to the stakeholders.
- Ensure business development and market share growth.
Ideal Experience (Candidate Specification and Key Selection Criteria)
- 15 or more years’ experience in a Senior leadership role in a US$200M to $500M manufacturing or automotive environment
- Business and/or technical/Engineering degree or equivalent and/or MBA
- Extensive experience at the Executive level in a Tier 1 or 2 automotive supplier or an OEM
- Experience managing and reporting with a multinational organization
- Experience leading and developing large teams
- Experience reporting at the Board level is ideal but not required
- Strong Operations Experience
- Strong financial acumen with prior full responsibility for the P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statements
- Experience with commercial activities and business development
- Strong English and Spanish communication and presentation skills
Critical Competencies for Success
Drive for Results
Able to achieve superior results and growth through and with others on a continuous basis with the passion to drive self and others toward excellence. Consistently exceeds his/her goals within the established timelines. Understands and demonstrates that intentions and activities are not the same as results and outcomes. Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; consistently challenges self and others for results.
Able to build and leverage mutually beneficial relationships and networks with all internal and external stakeholders, based on integrity and trust. Is proactive in working and establishing strong partnerships and trust with different people and groups across the organizations. Involves the appropriate groups or individuals in discussions when making decisions and addressing situations that affect other departments/locations/countries. Demonstrated ability to build relationships within industry/and other key external relationships.
Sets a strong example of appropriate and desirable behavior. Is a good teacher and coach, and generates enthusiasm for continuous improvement. Leads by example. Takes ownership, demonstrates leadership on business or operational issues and takes calculated risks to improve the organization. Demonstrates strong commitment and excitement to the mission, vision, and values. Considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people in different situations; is tactful, compassionate, and sensitive, and treats others with respect.
Other Skills and Qualifications
- Must possess unquestionable personal and professional integrity, honesty and good judgment.
- Strong leadership, decision making, influencing and team building skills.
- Good negotiation and commercial skills.
- Comfortable in a manufacturing environment
- Joint venture experience preferred.
- Good math skills and MS Office
CANDIDATE MUST BE WILLING TO BE RELOCATED TO MEXICO CITY AREA IF NOT CURRENTLY LIVING THERE.