Senior BuyerJob ID: 7314 Save Job
Our client is a consumer-products manufacturer in San Diego and is seeking for an experienced Senior Buyer who will provide program support and ensure compliance with corporate, division and business unit purchasing policies and procedures, as well as applicable government laws and regulations by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates all activities related to procurement of a commodity beginning with intent to purchase through delivery.
- Analyzes the requirements of the commodity, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier, and date commodity is needed.
- Solicits and evaluates proposals for the requested commodity.
- Investigates and/or interviews potential suppliers to determine if they meet the specified requirements.
- Advises team members or management on the appropriate supplier to be used.
- Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the commodity balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs.
- Issues RFQ’s and PO’s and/or IDWA’s in accordance with company and government regulations.
- Assures that the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company.
- Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
- Coordinates appropriate methods needed to distribute commodity in a cost-effective manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Review and negotiate terms and conditions.
- Have 7-9 years of experience and Bachelor degree.
- Have strong communication skills, and be able to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Strong ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not required.