ControllerJob ID: 7787 Save Job
For over four decades, our client has established an unwavering presence in the Medical and Pharmaceutical industry. They hold the firm belief that being a contract manufacturer transcends mere business relationships. It is a commitment to trust and accountability. With an extensive portfolio comprising more than 1,500 products and services, our client extends their commitment to excellence by operating their own fleet of full-size semi-trucks. These vehicles are equipped with advanced temperature-control capabilities, ensuring the safe and reliable transport of goods, whether they require refrigeration or freezing. At their core, they are not just a company; they’re a partner dedicated to driving success, innovation, and reliability in the Medical and Pharmaceutical, and Bio-Tech industry. They have multiple entities in Tecate, Mexico and are expanding in Mexico.
- Develops and supervises the Financial and Control Systems that will help achieve the Company’s Objectives. (The company includes 7 legal entities)
- General Accounting including preparing financial statements, calculate Mexico taxes, journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules, ledgers, and account & bank reconciliations.
- Coordinate financial & tax audits, monthly closings and account analysis and supporting the finance director in carrying out the responsibilities of the finance department.
- Provide a high degree of professionalism in representing the company with government offices, auditors & legal consultants.
- Ability to set the highest standards of achievement and capable to assist others to realize the same.
- Stay in close communication with management to be available after hours for contact.
- Provide credibility with management, business partners, customers and vendors.
- Keep Management informed immediately, in real time, inform any financial related problems, issues, concerns. Communication is required and expected to be prompt and timely. No exceptions.
- Responsible for financial aspects and in establishing objectives and policies for the organization.
- Responsible for preparing reports on the financial position of the company (including 7 legal entities) in the areas of income, costs, expenses and profits based on budgets and financial forecasts.
- Preparation, coordination and authorization of reports for various Government agencies (Municipal, State and Federal).
- Administration of insurance coverage required to protect against losses and potential liabilities.
- Preparing, negotiating and managing the objectives and budgets of his Department, as well as the Strategies and Action Plans to meet those objectives.
- Initiates procedures with government agencies.
- Responsible for VAT returns and IMMEX certification.
- Management of computer packages applicable to your work.
- Work based on objectives and goal achievement.
- Filing and renewal of permits and licenses related to Mexican IRS and the accounting area, including VAT certification, C-TPAT, OEA/NEEC, among others.
- Preparation of financial statement for Mexico and consolidated summaries for the U.S.
- Preparation, presentation and filling of informative declarations, tax declarations as well as the reports requested by the city, state and federal government i.e., SAT (IRS), Seguro Social, (Medical Services), INFONAVIT (housing services), Aduana (customs), INEGI (Secretaría de Economía y Finanzas), etc.
- Selection of external fiscal auditor / advisor firm by establishing a clear and specific service contract to ensure company’s fiscal health. Coordinate with External Advisor activities schedule making sure Audits cover ALL areas to avoid non-compliance with Mexican laws.
- Selection of Bank services and financial services suppliers, control over bank issues and services.
- Responsible for general accounting, accounts payable and receivable. Defining procedures, terms, agreements, contracts and safety controls as well.
- Calculation of Operation costs and expenses to define transfer of funds for company operations.
- Supervision of payroll calculation from Tax standpoint and payments for termination, bonuses, and incentives.
- Keeping upper management (Mexico & US) informed of all changes in tax laws and implement requirements and regulation as applicable to our operation.
- Defining of Internal Audit schedule, Coordinate and handle internal and external audits.
- Coordination of Budget preparation, analysis and implementation, with all managers in Tecate and define budget controls for an efficient use of the budget.
- Responsible for creation and monitoring of all KPI to measure departmental performance from finance standpoint.
- Responsible for defining all the necessary actions and controls (action plan) to maintain the company’s financial statements in good shape and under control.
- Coordination of a Permanent Cost Reduction program throughout the company in Mexico, making sure all managers focus on making more with less.
- Responsible for Cost accounting functions for all companies in Mexico: new and existing product and services quotes estimations, cost analysis, gross profit calculations.
- Responsible for coordination and completion of annual Capital assets physical counts, asset tagging and records accuracy for all Tecate companies.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting to the company headquarters in the USA.
- Preparation of monthly summary of financial highlights for all companies in Mexico.
Supervision of Others:
Supervises Finance Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor, Accountant, Administration Assistant and Accounting staff.
- High degree of monetary responsibilities.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- SLI is an equal opportunity employer and all employees are responsible for maintaining a discrimination and harassment free environment.
- Personal Computer
- General Office Equipment
Experience and Required Education:
- 7+ year’s requirement in managerial such as a Controller or similar, in a manufacturing environment.
- 7+ years’ experience in accounting and Mexican taxes.
- Solid background in financial reporting, financial planning and analysis, and manufacturing cost accounting.
- Knowledge of IMMEX program.
- Bachelor’s degree is required in accounting or Finance or business. Mexico CPA license is highly preferred.
- The position requires Integrity, Intelligence, Experience and Dedication.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Bilingual (English and Spanish).
- Valid laser visa.
Knowledge, skills and competencies required:
- Strong team leadership skills; will lead by example and be willing to pitch in to get the job done.
- Credibility with subordinates, senior management, business partners, relevant agencies and customers.
- A bias for action; effectively develops and executes strategies and plans; demonstrates a record of accomplishment of achievement.
- Excellent strategic thinking, including the ability to help define the direction of the department in support of company objectives and make the appropriate business decisions to get there.
- A comfort level with challenging others and having your own ideas challenged.
- The ability to set the highest standards of achievement and capable of assisting others to realize the same.
- The ability to set and adhere to the highest level of integrity, morals and ethics.
- A high degree of professionalism with the ability to be a high energy, passionate champion for the company.
- The ability to build closely-knit teams and interact effectively across disciplines.
- Sensitivity to customer requirements.
- Develop and execute the department operations strategy commensurate with the overall plan for the company. Ensure alignment with customer needs.
- Implement continuous improvement initiatives to drive operations and ensure maximum productivity. Ensure systems are world-class and meet the needs of all internal and external constituencies with an emphasis on process, quality, productivity, budget control, and profitability.
- Develop and implement policies and programs designed to maximize capacity and ensure the highest quality at the lowest cost in a safe working environment.
- Develop and apply appropriate metrics for department goals and objectives in terms of production output, cost, quality, budgeting and forecasting, as well as the ongoing results of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Create an organization that is flexible and adaptable with the ability to efficiently handle new science and technologies.
- Provide leadership to the department to ensure that teamwork and morale are a fundamental component of world-class output. Create active development plans for the staff.
- Ensure processes are in place to allow transparency of department metrics through management to the QMR team.
- Adhere to all GMP and ISO guidelines.
Working Conditions; Physical & Mental Demands:
General office environment with no heavy lifting required.
- All employees are accountable for conducting their daily business responsibilities in an ethical and moral manner.
- The above declarations are not intended to be an “all-inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.