Security ManagerJob ID: 7789 Save Job
For over four decades, our client has established an unwavering presence in the Medical and Pharmaceutical industry. They hold the firm belief that being a contract manufacturer transcends mere business relationships. It is a commitment to trust and accountability. With an extensive portfolio comprising more than 1,500 products and services, our client extends their commitment to excellence by operating their own fleet of full-size semi-trucks. These vehicles are equipped with advanced temperature-control capabilities, ensuring the safe and reliable transport of goods, whether they require refrigeration or freezing. At their core, they are not just a company; they’re a partner dedicated to driving success, innovation, and reliability in the Medical and Pharmaceutical, and Bio-Tech industry.
- The head of Security (Security Manager) should have a comprehensive understanding of security policies, regulations, and best practices in the industry.
- Responsible for providing leadership in the development of security objectives, policies, programs and procedures that will provide a security working environment by managing the company’s safety asset protection processes while insuring compliance with Federal, State and Local Regulations, International Certifications as well as the Internal Policies and Procedures of the organization.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining an effective records management system in support of the security program; this includes the correct completion and maintenance of records and reports as necessary to ensure compliance with all applicable laws & regulations Mexico Facilities.
- Responsible manage and supervise the daily activities of the personnel under his charge (personal and automobile drivers and security guards) of Mexico facilities in Tecate and Tijuana.
- Responsible request, evaluate and negotiate quotes for external services when they are required to repair or improve any equipment, building or property of Mexico facilities.
- Responsible for supervising the creation or modification of SOP’s that have to do with the industrial safety of the company.
- Responsible supervises activities that involve everything related to industrial safety, as well as the company’s assets.
- Responsible for performing any other duty as required.
- Responsible for providing training for security guards, security supervisor, couriers, personnel drive’s, transportation.
- Responsible for ensuring that the industrial safety department works with all company departments to promote and continually improve a safe work environment for all employees.
- Keep Management informed immediately, in real time; inform any security, transportation personnel, and couriers, corporate assets related problems, issues and concerns. Prompt and timely communication is required and expected. No exceptions.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of safety operations.
- Develop and implement safety policies, procedures and training programs Coordinate with other departments to ensure a safe working environment.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations and standards.
- Develop and implement security policies, protocols and procedures to ensure the safety of company employees, assets and facilities.
- Supervise the security operations team and provide guidance, support and training as required.
- Conduct risk assessments and implement appropriate measures to mitigate potential threats.
- Collaborate with management and other departments to ensure that security measures are integrated into all aspects of the company’s operations.
- Monitor security systems and respond to incidents and emergencies as needed.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and advances in security technology to improve the company’s security posture.
- Manage a team of security personnel comprised of internal and external staff.
- Conduct research and assessments of security threats and risks within and outside the organization.
- Conducts safety meetings and coordinates safety audits and inspections to ensure compliance, evaluate performance, identify corrective actions and implement follow-up assessments.
- Train managers, supervisors and employees in their responsibilities in the continuous improvement of safety culture and execution of daily operations.
- Ensure that supervisors conduct a thorough investigation of all work-related accidents and incidents; Ensure proper root cause and corrective actions taken.
- Be knowledgeable of good manufacturing practices and quality systems as it applies to the Safety Department.
- Must be able to delegate and assign responsibilities that enhance the capabilities of your staff and strengthen weak areas.
- Must be able to learn and train subordinates in their job activities and requirements for the
- operation(s) to be executed.
- Must be able to apply and approve SLI’s quality policy as well as the rules and regulations enforced by the Mexican subsidiary.
- Prepare and provide reports as required by the company and/or corporate management.
- Perform any other duties as required by the company.
- Personal Computer.
- General Office Equipment.
Supervision of Others:
Security Guards Supervisor, Drivers (Buses and cars), Safety & Hygiene Engineer.
May be required to use Petty Cash Fund for purchasing needed supplies or services as needed by Operations Manager, General Manager and/or Director of Special Projects.
Experience and Required Education:
- Minimum of 7 years requirement in a managerial role such as Security Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Criminal Justice, Security Management, etc.), or equivalent work experience.
- Certification in relevant security standards (CISSP, CPP, etc.) is preferred.
- The position requires Integrity, Intelligence, Experience and Dedication.
- Experience in all aspects of security operations.
- Experience developing and implementing security policies, procedures, and training.
- Experience in investigations into security incidents.
- Experience in ensuring compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and standards.
- Experience in developing and implementing security policies, protocols, and procedures to ensure the safety of the company’s employees, assets, and facilities.
- Experience in overseeing the security operations team and provide guidance, support, and training as needed.
- Experience in conducting risk assessments and implementing appropriate measures to mitigate potential threats.
- Experience in collaborating with management and other departments to ensure that security measures are integrated into all aspects of the company’s operations.
- Experience in monitoring security systems and responding to incidents and emergencies as needed.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and advancements in security technology to improve the company’s security posture.
- Experience in managing a team of security personnel comprising both internal and external personnel.
- Experience in conducting investigations and assessments on security threats and risks within and outside the organization.
- Experience supervising staff and teamwork.
- Work based on objectives and goal achievement with a high degree of responsibility.
- Management of computer packages applicable to your work.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Valid laser visa.
Knowledge, skills and competencies required:
- Strong leadership skills; will lead by example and be willing to pitch in to get the job done.
- Credibility with subordinates, peers, senior management, business partners, relevant agencies and customers.
- A bias for action; effectively develops and executes strategies and plans; demonstrates a track record of achievement.
- Excellent strategic thinking, including the ability to help define the direction of the organization in support of company objectives and make the appropriate business decisions to get there.
- Ability to set the highest standards of achievement and capable of assisting others to realize the same.
- Ability to set and adhere to the highest level of integrity, morals and ethics.
- Must possess a high degree of professionalism with the ability to be a high energy, passionate champion for the company.
- Ability to build closely-knit teams and interact effectively across disciplines.
- Sensitivity to customer requirements.
- Implement continuous improvement initiatives to drive operations and ensure maximum productivity.
- Ensure systems are world-class and meet the needs of all internal and external constituencies with an emphasis on process, quality, productivity, budget control, and
- Understands Profitability.
- Develop and implement policies and programs designed to maximize capacity and ensure the highest quality at the lowest cost in a safe manner.
- Develop and apply appropriate metrics for processes goals and objectives in terms of output, cost, quality, budgeting and forecasting, as well as the ongoing results of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure procedures are in place to allow transparency of operation and processes metrics through management to the QMR team.
- Adhere to all GMP and ISO guidelines.
Sound meter, Candlestick Meter, Gas Detector, Ammonia Meters.
Working Conditions; Physical & Mental Demands:
Must be able to lift 90 pounds and have eyesight correctable to 20/20
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
An equal opportunity employer and all employees are responsible for maintaining a discrimination
and harassment free environment.
All employees are accountable for conducting their daily business responsibilities in an ethical and moral manner.