Construction ManagerJob ID: 7563 Save Job
It’s a thriving organization that operates in the mega-region Tijuana-San Diego, primarily impacting industrial real estate, developing large compounds, expanding housing projects as well as private hospitals, commercial centres & sport fields. Over the next 4 yrs. the company intends to increase its stake yielding 13 million squared feet with efficiency, enabling world class industrial park developments, residential and urban projects.
This Project Manager focuses on the coordination and project management to execute construction work in order to produce the maximum quantity of squared feet in the region, ensuring construction on time, within cost and quality targets. The Project Manager we are looking for will manage construction projects and have the business acumen to handle subcontracting for residential and industrial urbanization with interface coordination for the company. He/She will manage a team and have budget oversight, ensure costs and quality targets. This leader will have the emotional intelligence and due diligence that embraces the challenges and shares experience with a hands-on, teaching by example approach and a high need to succeed. This position reports to the Construction Director.
- Plans the objectives of construction work for the company.
- Projects build squared feet for industrial real state
- Plans urbanization of residential divisions
- Handles Interfaces coordination with cross functional company divisions
- Delivers construction on time, budget & quality
- Ensures quality Control planning & Quality assurance for construction projects
- Coordinates operational areas to increase installed capacity in ft2.
- Plans annual budget and ensures quality control
- Defines contingency plans to execute construction works
- Oversees compliance of outsourcing / subcontractors on time, quality and costs
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience as a Project Manager or similar roles
- Construction sector & Civil engineering background
- 7+ years in Real estate development, infrastructure, building constructions projects.
- Subcontractor management experience
- Some Quality Management experience as it pertains to construction projects.
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- MS Office / Excel
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or similar.
Skills and Culture fit:
- Outstanding Emotional intelligence
- High Internal Emotional Need to Succeed
- Leadership based in humility
- Strict due diligence approach
- Challenge their own status quo with adherence to the companies’ philosophy
- Mind and soul oriented towards results
- Understanding of giving space to the best team’s idea not necesarily a personal idea
- Communication enriched by teaching and sharing not imposing