Electronic Design EngineerJob ID: 7337 Save Job
Our client is a mid-size highly niched global company who designs and manufactures leading audio visual, mobile communication devices, automotive, and electronics with a full line of electronic components, remote controls, and touch panels, as well as a variety of custom products that require a high level of precision, performance, and reliability. As a result of aggressive growth in the electric automotive sector, they are in need of a Senior Electronic Design Engineer who will be a key contributor to a R&D Design Engineering team in their large state-of-the-art Tijuana Manufacturing and R&D site who is successfully designing world class electronic products for OEMs on a global scale. Positions reports to the R&D Electronic Design Engineering Supervisor.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop electronic products based on customer requirements:
- Leads electrical design of product during the different stages of product according to APQP methodology.
- Create product specifications based on customer requirements.
- Create Schematic and BOM based on specifications and designs PCB layout following PCB outlines and component placement given by mechanical designer.
- Evaluate prototypes of designed circuits and parts, reporting the gaps between product spec and product performance, and works on effective and efficient improvements to gaps reported.
- Work with PCB suppliers to solve technical questions (TQ/EQ)
- Contact suppliers to identify and/or develop special components based on product function requirement: example, special LCD/Battery/Sensor/Antenna.
- Define product inspection specifications based on specifications and product performance.
- Participate in face-to-face meeting with customer and prepares presentation materials as needed.
- Participate in DFMEA , DR ( Design Review) and DFM(Design Review for Manufacturability) activity with design teams (mechanical and electrical) , Manufacturing Engineering , QC, and manufacturers.
- Makes sure that his/her deliverables occur in time, within specs , and within budget.
- Create documentation to introduce new products to mass production: BOMS/Component Specs/Custom Part Specs/Product Specs/Assembly drawings/Schematics/PCB Layouts and artworks.
- Provide technical support to factory areas ( Production, Material Control, QC) to sustain design in production.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing engineering team and quality to do root cause analysis of product and electrical testing in production floor.
- Propose alternative components to product BOMs to support material control team based on Engineering change request.
- Participate with Material control and Sales in RFQs process ( Request for quotations) to get new business.
- Participate in the RFQ ( Request for Quotation ) process as needed, by creating block diagram, BOMs ,sketches, schematics, and presentations for product concepts.
- Participate in face-to-face meeting with customer to discuss technical requirements of a quoted product and prepares presentation materials as needed.
Experience, Qualifications and Education:
- 3-5 years of experience in product design from automotive/consumer electronics/medical devices or similar industry background.
- Master or Bachelor’s in Engineering : Radio Frequency, Electronics, Mechatronics, Automotive Systems, Bionic, Control and automation, Computer science, or similar.
- IATF 16949 Core tools training preferred.
Important Skills (Mandatory):
- Schematics and PCB layout creation using Altium Designer/Mentor Graphics Pads software or others.
- Create product designs (block diagrams/BOMs ) based on customer requirement/specification.
- Instrument utilization: Network Analyzer, Analog and Digital Signal generators, Vector Signal Analyzer, Oscilloscope, Logic analyzer, Protocol Tester.
- Familiarity with serial communications: Uart, I2C, SPI, LIN.
- Successful root cause analysis of electronic circuits/systems.
Bonus Skills (Not Mandatory):
- Designs PCB antenna using Ansys simulator software (or other), reducing the number of prototype cycles needed to achieve expected performance.
- Works with certification labs to get agency approvals such as FCC, IC, CE, Arib, others.
- PCB antenna design and simulations using HFSS.
- Component antenna ( chip/Flex ) antenna selection for 2.4 GHz bands.
- RF matching network design.
- Antenna design measurement/characterization (gain, EIRP, radiation pattern, efficiency)
- Radio Transceiver measurements: Sensitivity, RF power conduced and radiated.
- Familiarity with any specific RF transceiver evaluation tools.
- Knowledge of Labview/Phyton/other for test automation is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of C for embedded
- Altium Designer/ Mentor Pads (PCB/Schematic).
- Electrical circuit simulation (Multisim, other).
- MS Office.
- Ansys HFSS software (Not Mandatory).