Sr. Mechanical Design EngineerJob ID: 7336 Save Job
Our client is a mid-size highly niched global company who designs and manufactures leading audio visual, mobile communication devices, automotive, and electronics with a full line of electronic components, remote controls, and touch panels, as well as a variety of custom products that require a high level of precision, performance and reliability. As a result of aggressive growth in the electric automotive sector, they are in need of a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer who will be a key contributor to a R&D Design Engineering team in their large state-of-the-art Tijuana Manufacturing and R&D site who is successfully designing world class electronic products for OEM’s on a global scale. Positions reports to the R&D Mechanical Design Engineering Supervisor.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts client requirement studies and validations studies
- Elaborate drawings and sketches of new designs for quoting purposes
- Creates mechanical BOM’s and their associated drawings.
- Assists purchasing department with technical support in purchasing negotiations and in resolving problems in the supply chain.
- Assists quality department in evaluating parts and suppliers.
- Participates in meetings with clients and suppliers.
- Elaborates boundary diagrams and FMEA’s.
- Conducts mechanical design of products and mechanisms.
- Creates mechanical drawings in 3D, and 2D for quoting and manufacturing.
- Elaborates technical reports of completed daily tasks
- Creates solutions to design issues and problems.
- Builds prototypes and analyzes functionality.
- Personal follow-up of production runs during product development stages.
- Conducts performance analysis and elaborates product specifications
- Suggests verification methods and tests product performance.
- Conducts root cause analysis.
- Performs mechanical, optical and acoustic simulations.
- Reviews tooling design.
- Elaborates meeting minutes and follow-up on all pending’s.
- Elaborates purchase orders for components, materials and services during product development stages.
- Participates in product development and new product implementation meetings.
- Elaborates prototypes and validation products.
- Conducts statistical analysis of product and processes and confirms specifications.
- Assists in continuous improvement processes and problem-solving activities.
- Assists quality with defect analysis.
- Assists manufacturing engineering department with fabrication and measurement methods.
- Assists production with production methods (standard operating procedures).
- Performs all duties as assigned.
Experience, Qualifications and Education:
- 4+ years of experience in plastics part design/ rubbers and/or metal parts design, preferably for automotive, interior component design but open to consumer electronics.
- Bachelor university degree in Electromechanical engineering or mechanical engineering is preferred or other engineering disciplines with equivalent experience. (“pasante” is acceptable).
- Other Engineering degree areas can apply as long as they fulfill the profile required.
- Able to develop full product with little or no guidance
- Mechanical product definition and product validation process (preferred).
- Experience in parts and process standardization
- Able to perform product sustaining activities (ECO, TDR, PAF, CAF, PFMEA, DFMEA, DFM, and other documents related)
- Able to comply with agency regulation such as: IEC/ ASTM/ ISO. UL
- Experience designing with CREO Surfaces / Parametrics (Specially Surfaces and Windchill). Solidworks. (Examination will be required).
- Experience with Plastic injection molded process (required) and extrusion dies (preferred) and tooling.
- Experienced with troubleshooting of injection molded parts and final products.
- Knowledge of DFMEA/ PFMEA
- Experience with GD&T and tolerance analysis.
- Knowledge of finite element simulations
- Requires valid Visa to travel abroad up to 10%.
- Fluent in English (85%) and Spanish.
- Experience in product validation (For consumer electronics or automotive) is a plus.
- Familiarity or experience in APQP or TS16949 is desirable.
- Experience with automotive industry is highly preferred.
- Supervisory experience is a plus.
- Able to work with multi-disciplinary teams
- Collaborative work style and team player.