Sales Director (REMOTE)Job ID: 7842 Save Job
Our client is a vertically integrated leader in the production and distribution of beneficial organisms used in biological pest control and IPM programs. They are strategically positioned for sustainable growth and continue to lead the biocontrol sector in the US. We have been retained to find a dynamic and results-driven Director of Sales to join their team.
As the Director of Sales, your mission is to position the Company as the preferred biocontrol partner in the US market. Reporting directly to the CEO, your primary mandate is to consistently exceed revenue and profitability targets. In this role, you will not only lead but inspire and manage a high-performing sales team. Your focus extends beyond immediate results, encompassing the cultivation and maintenance of long-term relationships with our valued customers and distributors.
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives to accelerate the Company’s growth in the US market.
- Analyze market trends, identify opportunities, and formulate action plans to capitalize on emerging segments.
- Lead, inspire and manage the sales team and foster a high-performance culture, providing guidance and support to ensure team success.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with customers & distributors, positioning the company as the preferred supplier of biocontrol solutions.
- Collaborate closely with distributors to align strategies, resolve issues, and explore mutually beneficial business opportunities.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of industry and market conditions.
- Leverage market knowledge and customer feedback to provide valuable insights to the Marketing and R&D teams
- Prioritize market segments in a dynamic, high-growth environment.
- Define and implement short and long-term objectives and strategies by segment and region.
- Take ownership of the sales forecasting process, ensuring accuracy and alignment with the strategy.
- Define yearly sales budget and allocate resources effectively to achieve growth in line with Company Group’s strategy.
- Collaborate seamlessly with cross-functional teams, including Supply Chain, Product Development, Operations and Finance.
- Proven track record in sales leadership, preferably in the agriculture industry.
- Strong understanding of biocontrol and agricultural US markets.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate a high-performing team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with customers, distributors and internal stakeholders
- Strategic mindset, capable of defining and implementing effective sales strategies in a dynamic and fast-growing market.
- Familiarity with different budgeting systems and a good understanding of financial fundamentals of a business.
- Proficient in English, and proficiency in Spanish is a valuable asset
- Willingness to travel.