Resume Sample General
1247 Lane Avenue
San Diego, CA 12345
Bilingual human resource generalist with 15 years’ experience in U.S. and Mexico world class manufacturing environments dealing with people from diverse cultures and nationalities.
Skilled liaison between headquarters and off-site manufacturing operations in the implementation of human resource policies and procedures that comply with corporate guidelines and domestic labor laws.
Effective cultural change manager who strives to increase quality and productivity through people involvement. Highly motivated professional with strong background in labor relations, training and development, recruitment, compensation and benefits, and safety. Fluent in English and Spanish.
King Enterprises, Monterrey, Mexico
Human Resource Director, 06/96-Date
Hired to implement and instill a company wide Total Quality Management philosophy and improve work environment and loyalty. Responsible for all aspects of the human resource department for the three manufacturing plants, two from the automotive sector and one from the aerospace sector, with a total headcount of over 1,200 people.
- A key member of the Total Quality Steering Committee.
- Completely restructured compensation system and implemented new hiring and interviewing techniques to revamp recruitment and selection.
- Coordinated labor force ramp-up from 500 to 1200 employees in a seven month period.
- Reduced direct personnel turnover from 14% per month to 4% by developing an in-depth candidate evaluation system, improving physical working conditions, improving management skills of supervisors and stimulating loyalty via a comprehensive communications program.
Diamond Automotive Inc., Torrance, Ca.
Human Resource Manager, 07/93 – 06/96
International assignment to develop strategic insight of the U.S. corporation as part of cross-cultural development. Involved in all aspects of human resources with particular emphasis in special project management focusing in re-evaluating training and development, policies and procedures and improving employee relations with a predominantly Hispanic labor force.
- Created a supervisor/facilitator handbook detailing comprehensive policies and procedures for company, employees, health and safety, emergency, maintenance, quality, and human resources which reduced training time and improved efficiency and consistency.
- Coordinated a massive plant downsizing project which included laying-off more than 1500 employees. This required thorough analysis of “who,” “when,” “what,” and “why.”
- Re-structured salary and compensation system and introduced a core competencies system resulting in increased employee satisfaction and retention.
Componentes Electricos S.A. (Canton Inc.), Puebla, Mexico
Human Resource Manager Personnel Supervisor, 06/86 – 06/93
Assignments included overall supervision of a 550 employee electronic assembly plant and participation in start-up operations including dealing with government agencies for permits and licenses, developing policies and procedures, handling labor relations, and initial recruitment of start-up labor force.
- Performed skills assessment for line supervisors and elaborated a development plan which included skills, goals, specific objectives, training and performance evaluations.
- Managed a large recruitment project as a result of transference of new production lines from the U.S. to Mexico which required coordination of job fairs, newspapers and radio advertising, and the creation of an alliance with technical institutes and key universities.
Thunderbird – American Graduate School of International Management
Masters in International Business Management with emphasis in Finance
Universidad de las Americas, Mexico City
B.S. in Business Administration with emphasis Human Resources
Human Resources University, King Enterprises, Buffalo, N.Y., 1996
Certified in Total Quality Leadership, Blanchard Training Institute, San Diego, Ca.,1996
Certified in Total Quality Management, Blanchard Training Institute, San Diego, Ca., 1995
Problem Solving and Decision Making-Kepner Tregoe, Diamond Automotive, L.A., Ca. 1995
Leadership Workshop, Dale Carnegie, San Francisco, Ca.,1992
Guest speaker at industry trade shows and seminars on Human Resources
Awarded Most Outstanding Employee of 1995, Diamond Automotive
Proficient in PeopleSoft, Tress, Lotus, Excel, Word, Project Manager, and PowerPoint
Native Spanish speaker and fluent in English (95% verbal, 80% written).
About Barbachano International
Barbachano International (BIP) is the premier executive search and leadership advisory firm in the Americas (USA, Mexico, Latin America, & Canada) with a focus on diversity and multicultural target markets. Outplacement and Executive Coaching services are provided by our sister allied company Challenger Gray & Christmas. Since 1992, BIP and its affiliates have impacted the profitability of over 50% of Fortune 500 Companies. BIP has been recognized by Forbes as Americas’ Best Executive Search Firms and currently ranks #27 and #3 on the West Coast. Headquartered in San Diego, California with satellite offices in Florida and Mexico. As member-owners of NPAworldwide Recruitment Network, we are supported by partner offices in over 50 countries.