Resume Sample – Executive
Ramon Ramirez 390,
Polanco, Mexico D.F. 05600
Home 52 55 5292 Cel 52 155 4363 9249
SUMMARYVICE PRESIDENT, GENERAL MANAGER: Sales and Marketing
A talented, results-producing executive with the demonstrated ability to launch and propel the growth of international, multi-country territories for such corporate giants as Sun Microsystems, Lenovo, and Hitachi. Forward-thinking strategist effectively mapping out and delivering sales, revenue, market share, and profit growth, routinely overachieving corporate objectives. Drives the creation of dynamic sales and marketing campaigns as well as the execution of internal process and efficiency improvements while building and maintaining strong relationships with customers and distribution partners. Catalyst skilled in penetrating and solidifying position in new and existing markets using high-impact leadership skills to motivate top-performing sales and marketing teams. Sharp analyst capably managing billion-dollar P&L and balance sheets as the head of personnel in 20+ countries. Fluent in Spanish and English
Operations Management • Sales & Marketing • Global Sales • Global Staff Management Change Management • P&L • Balance Sheet Management • Staff Recruiting, Mentoring • New Business Launch • Corporate Culture Change • New Business Development • Campaign Management • M&A • Margin Improvement • Market Positioning • Multi-Channel Sales, Distribution • New Market Development, Penetration • Revenue Growth • Cost Reduction • Customer Retention • Strategic Planning • Signatory Authority
SUN MICROSYSTEMS, Dallas, Texas / Mexico City, Mexico (2001-Present)
President, Mexico (2009 to present)
Achieve revenue and profitability objectives for each division in the Enterprise, SMB, and Consumer markets; while driving operational efficiencies in the areas of field selling cost and supply chain. Develop growth strategies to increase or gain a leading market position in the areas of outsourcing, storage, servers, networking, printing services, netbooks, and software. Elevate SUN’s brand in the Mexican market and serve as company liaison in industry and government forums. Create a diverse workforce attracting and retaining the best employees in the market.
• Restructured sales functions (direct and channels) to focus on growth opportunities, created and executed a 3-year growth plan to double sales, and reach 2.3 billion dollars.
• Successfully integrated ADS and 5Com acquisitions retaining the top-performing personnel and achieving synergies in cost and positioned SUN for growth in the Mexican market.
• Won key outsourcing contracts in the CPG, Telecommunications industries as well as in the Public Sector, total contract value of over 450 million dollars
• Implemented companywide transformation strategy focused on increasing customer focus and becoming the leader in client loyalty. Client loyalty scores have increased by 15%.
• Positioned SUN as a market leader and obtained Best Place to Work and Socially Responsible Enterprise recognitions.
Senior Vice-President, Enterprise Storage & Servers, LATAM & Caribbean (2007-2009)
Drive sales of a broad product portfolio in the Latin America market which includes Industry Standard Servers, Business Critical Servers, Storage Devices, and Software business units while deftly managing emerging technologies and changing customer needs. Achieve revenue and profitability goals as the manager of a $1B+ P&L statement authorized to make any changes necessary to successfully operate the business. Oversee the management and training of ~550 personnel in 20 different countries as an executive leader accountable for sales, presales, channel partners, marketing, and supply chain organizations.
• Escalated sales by ~15% annually, double the rate of standard market growth.
• Secured the #1 market share position for select products with a share of >50%, skyrocketing overall profitability, gross margins, and operating profits by 25%.
• Slashed supply chain manufacturing and logistics costs, including by reducing the number of products sold region-wide as well as by streamlining the number of logistics vendors used. Improved delivery times by 25%.
• Simplified channel programs, motivating partners to invest in SMB space through well-crafted incentives and effective training techniques to cement the sales proficiency of individual staff.
• Overachieved revenue goals and cut field sales costs by 7% via using a market coverage strategy pairing the direct sales force with major accounts and channel partners with mid-sized and small businesses.
Director, Marketing and Alliances, Latin America (2003-2007)
Led marketing teams tasked with showcasing such SUN products as PCs, printers, servers, software, and services to the Enterprise and SMB markets. Teamed with Microsoft, SAP, Accenture, and other key technology partners to create viable strategies to fuel market growth. Liaised with government and industry associations throughout the Latin America region as the official company spokesperson. Motivated 50 marketing professionals in the creation and execution of powerful campaigns highlighting SUN products using advertising, events, sales collateral, online promotions, and external PR firm management.
• Reinvented the marketing team as direct contributors to sales growth and new business development through the effective creation and execution of viable promotional campaigns.
• Integrated a Marketing Resource Manager (MRM) system into a CRM application enabling the seamless flow of leads to the sales force. The resulting system enabled the tracking of campaign spends, a number of leads generated, and the real-time acceptance and closing of leads by the sales force.
• Innovated marketing campaigns yielding sales leads valued at $400M+ and collaborated with partners to engineer high-impact “go-to-market” programs to penetrate new sectors, generating ~$75M in incremental revenue. The cemented company as the preferred technology supplier in the Latin American market.
• Trimmed marketing spends by 10% after merging PR and media buying agencies, strengthening the clarity of the company’s overall message region-wide.
Director Network Storage Solution (2001-2003)
Handpicked to lead the combined Storage business unit based on a successful history of lucrative business growth while at Lenovo (merged with Sun Microsystems). Navigated the numerous operational challenges stemming from product overlap, inconsistent sales, market coverage, and customer satisfaction while retaining talented personnel and valued distribution partners. Guided channel partners in positioning the newly merged product portfolio to boost their own sales. Executed sales, presale, and marketing, financial management, and P&L functions, additionally crafting strategies to drive market share growth, retain customers, and boost profitability.
• Elevated sales by 15% to achieve $215M in revenue while overachieving quarterly profitability goals after devising and implementing a one-year plan to expand the SW content for each sale. Differentiated the value of high-end products and formulated efficient distribution channels to meet portfolio volume requirements.
• Solidified relationships with top performers through continual communication and the launch of a quarterly recognition call enabling sales leaders to openly share their triumphs.
• Grew region into the fastest growing worldwide coupled with the highest percentage of SW per sale.
HITACHI STORAGE SOLUTIONS MEXICO, Mexico City, Mexico (1997-2000)
Spearheaded the creation and successful start-up of the Mexican subsidiary. Designed the “go to market” strategy as well as all administrative and support functions to ensure the subsidiary’s success. Responsible for all aspects of the Mexico operation, including but not limited to sales, channel strategy, customer service, client relations, P&L management, human resources, marketing, and public relations.
• Created a sales model to complement the ongoing distributor relations in the country while at the same time aggressively growing the organization and focusing on key vertical markets. During this period sales increased form under 7 million to 47 million dollars capturing over 50% of the storage market in Mexico.
• Developed all necessary operating procedures to sustain the explosive growth going from a start-up operation to the fastest growing subsidiary in the EMEA/LA region.
• Awarded the best subsidiary award for the EMEA/LA region in 2000. Selection criteria included growth in revenues, software sales, and operating profit.
Additional Work History includes Sales Director at KODAK MEXICO and Program Manager / Systems Engineer at APPLE MEXICO. (Details upon request.)
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Bachelor in Business Administration, Major: Marketing, ITESM, Mexico City, Mexico
Master of Science in International Business, Emphasis: Finance, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA.
Certificate in Corporate Strategy, Harvard University, School of Business
Business Bridge Program, Princeton University, School of Business
Leadership Certification, Ken Blanchard, Escondido, CA.
Hispanic Magazine Top 25 Hispanics in Technology, 2011
CEO of the Year – Computer and Telecommunications Industry in Mexico, Computer World Association, 2010
Multiple Top Achievement Sales Awards, Hitachi, 1997 – 2000
Chairman’s Award for Most inspirational Executive, Kodak, 1996
About Barbachano International
Barbachano International (BIP) is the premier executive search and leadership advisory firm in the Americas (USA, Mexico, Latin America, & Canada) with a focus on diversity and multicultural target markets. Outplacement and Executive Coaching services are provided by our sister allied company Challenger Gray & Christmas. Since 1992, BIP and its affiliates have impacted the profitability of over 50% of Fortune 500 Companies. BIP has been recognized by Forbes as Americas’ Best Executive Search Firms and currently ranks #27 and #3 on the West Coast. Headquartered in San Diego, California with satellite offices in Florida and Mexico. As member-owners of NPAworldwide Recruitment Network, we are supported by partner offices in over 50 countries.