Resume Sample – Manufacturing
SALVADOR D. EXITO
354 Vista Rd. Temecula, CA. 92562
Cell: (760) 512-5543 Home: (619) 488-7722
MANUFACTURING EXECUTIVE LEVEL MANAGEMENT
Results-focused executive with proven energy and capability leading manufacturing companies and personnel. Maximizes the bottom line by analysis of the P&L, Balance Sheet, and other financial documents with accurate and immediate action. A proven career record of championing Lean Enterprise, improving profits, establishing and growing multimillion-dollar businesses from start-up to division turn-around. An effective communicator and team leader capable of building relationships based on trust and mutual benefit. Decisions based on consensus, calculated risk, and traditional 80/20 analysis. Fluent in English, Spanish, and French. Expertise includes:
P&L Responsibility · Financial Analysis · Customer Service · Inventory Control · Contract Negotiations ·Process Improvement · Strategic Planning & Deployment · Balanced Scorecard · ERP · Lean Enterprise
• Team Building – Long history of being able to develop personnel and build consensus. Based on the concept that everyone wants to do the right thing and they only need communication and leadership from management to be successful.
• Strategic Vision – Ability to quickly analyze the current state and develop a plan to drive future performance.
• Lean Enterprise – Trained and effective in establishing meaningful Lean initiatives that improve the bottom line.
• Financial Acuity – Successful experience in analyzing the P&L and Balance Sheet to course-correct initiatives and ensure maximum performance.
• Listening – Understand the value and importance of all opinions and criticism. Create strong teams by listening.
• Leadership – Eager to develop strategic direction through consensus. Empowerment breeds success.
GM/Plant Manager, Pentair Electronics Packaging, Poway CA
2007 – June/2010
Responsible for a $60M, 550 employee division producing metal electronic enclosures for the Aerospace, Medical, and Communication industries. Recruited to turn around a manufacturing plant with negative Operating Income and a large past-due backlog,
- Improved OI by 250% year over year
- Improved Sales by 15% year over year by launching a new market penetration strategy.
- Stabilized new acquisition and reduced the past due backlog by 85%
- Implemented value stream mapping resulting in reducing lead times by 3 days.
Vice President/Strategic Operations Classic Wire Cut, Valencia CA
Responsible for the Operations of a $20M medical device manufacturer, that designs, develops, and manufactures arthroscopic surgical instruments. Introduced, implemented, and coached a very effective lean program that converted 50% of the product to a pull system utilizing Kanbans. Increased shipments by 50% in the first year. Increased WIP Turns 118% and overall inventory turns by 40 percentage points.
- Introduced and advised finance on a cost accounting structure. Brought in outside resources to set up the cost accounting architecture.
- Restructured Engineering to develop new products while increasing the focus on sustaining engineering.
- Produced record-high profits in the first year.
Vice President/General Manager, Cessna, Seals Division, Brea CA
Oversaw the operations of two business units totaling $40M and 350 employees in a $60M division that supplied commercial aircraft seals, industrial products, and rocket insulation to the aerospace market; direct finance, Lean management, manufacturing engineering, facilities management, material, quality assurance, and contract administration. Reported to a group VP at Corporate. Developed and implemented strategic plans through the flight plan flow down, balanced scoreboard, and budgeting process. Set-up a business unit structure from a linear departmental organization. Established the financial and organizational structure that allowed gross margin measurement at the business unit level.
- Analyzed and acted on financial data for 3 business units.
- Set up an accounting reporting system that allowed individual business units to maximize results.
- Created a Lean Enterprise vision of a 460,000-sq/ft manufacturing facility driven by pull systems, Kanban, flow lines, and Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI).
- Increased finished goods inventory turns from 6 to 16 and productivity by 40%, or $20K FTE.
- Reduced late orders by 76%, from approximately $2.6M to $600K.
Vice President/General Manager, Cessna, TA Aerospace Division, Valencia, CA
Presided over a $30M division of 300 employees that focused on high margin niche products in high-temperature elastomer, precision metal components, and thermal/fire barrier insulation for aircraft and space markets. Direct reports included finance, R&D, engineering, material, human resources, IT, customer service, and operations/facilities. Established a market-driven and responsive company culture that improved customer relations. Reported to a Corporate group VP.
- Created and implemented the company’s strategic plan. Tied it to the budget and balanced scorecard, communicating the vision and objectives down the chain of responsibility.
- Utilized long term agreements and offshore sourcing to secure and improve market presence as well as led a strategic alliance with a Chinese company that opened new markets.
- Introduced Lean Enterprise into the culture of the company and brought to market an innovative new product called Fastblock.
Director of Operations, Cessna, Midcon Cables Division Joplin, Missouri
Managed the operations of a $10M, 100+-employee, cable, and wire harness division. Oversaw material, purchasing, manufacturing, manufacturing engineering, facilities maintenance, and quality assurance. Enacted a turn-around budget designed to reduce past-dues and make the division profitable; commended by Honeywell for performance and quality.
- Reduced past due backlog from $1M to under $75K.
- Established self-directed teams that managed manufacturing in specific product groups.
- Initiated SPC by production employees and increased first-pass yieldS.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
MBA, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA.
Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, UNAM, Mexico City
Lean Manufacturing Certification, Air Academy, Boulder, Colorado
Six Sigma Black Belt, General Electric, St. Louis, Mo.
Awarded “Best Plant Gold Award,” Cessna, Valencia, CA
Board Member, Manufacturing Association of America, Los Angeles, CA.
SAP and ORACLE Power User